Search British Standards
Search the complete British Standards database for the standard or product that you are looking for using our 'Smart Search':
Enter the BS number, British Standards document title, ISBN number or any relevant query text and click 'Search':
British Standards Institution
BSI British Standards is the UK’s national standards organization that produces standards and information products that promote and share best practice.
The BSI was founded in 1901 and subsequently received a Royal Charter which meant that it became the recognised national body responsible for the development and agreement of standards. This was done in response to the demand from buyers that products would meet defined specifications and performance measures.
It serves the interests of a wide range of industry sectors as well as governments, consumers, employees and society overall, to make sure that British, European and international standards are useful, relevant and authoritative. The BSI represents the UK's interests in international and European standards organizations such as ISO, IEC, CEN, CENELEC and ETSI.
Standards are available online for pdf download or next day/standard delivery, either as a printed publication/CD-ROM depending on the product selected. The option to download ISO or BS standards enables you to get access to important standards documents without delay.
Top 10 Publications
- BS EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems. Requirements.
- PD 5500:2009+A3:2011 Specification for unfired fusion welded pressure vessels
- BS 7671:2008+A3:2015 Requirements for electrical installations. IEEE Wiring Regulations.
- BS 9999:2008 Code of practice for fire safety in the design, management and use in buildings.
- BS EN ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management systems. Requirements with guidance for use. This BS EN ISO pdf can be downloaded immediately.
- BS 5839-1:2002+A2:2008 Fire detection and fire alarm systems for buildings.
- BS 8300:2009 Design of buildings and their approaches to meet the needs of disabled people. Code of practice.
- BS 499-1:2009 Welding Terms and Symbols. Glossary for welding, brazing and thermal cutting.
- BS EN 60204-1:2006 Safety of machinery. Electrical equipment of machines. General requirements. This BS EN pdf can now be downloaded.
- BS 25777:2008 Information and communications technology continuity management. Code of practice.
Top 10 Products
- PAS 55-2:2008 Asset Management. Guidelines for the application of PAS 55-1.
- PAS 55-1:2008 Asset Management. Specification for the optimized management of physical assets.
- PAS 220:2008 Prerequisite programmes on food safety for food manufacturing.
- BIP 2183:2008 IEE On Site Guide. BS 7671:2008 IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition (Spiral-bound)
- BIP 0008-1:2008 Evidential Weight and legal admissibility of information stored electronically. Code of practice for the implementation of BS 10008.
- BIP 3083:2009 Graphical symbols for use in the labelling of medical devices CD-ROM.
- PAS 79:2007 Fire Risk Assessment. Guidance and recommended methodology.
- BIP 2109 (3rd edition) The Design, Installation, commissioning and maintenance of Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems. A guide to BS 5839-1 (third edition).
- BIP 0008-2:2008 Evidential Weight and legal admissibility of information communicated electronically. Code of practice for the implementation of BS 10008.
- BIP 0017:2006 Universal Decimal Classification (UDC). Complete edition. Volumes 1 & 2
- BS EN 16001:2009 Energy management systems. Requirements with guidance for use.
Note that you can download ISO standards and IEC standards as pdf files. We also have BS EN ISO pdf and BE EN pdf standards available for immediate download. If required, the ISO and IEC standards can be purchased in hardcopy format using express delivery or standard delivery services.